FOA hosts annual 5k
The Foundation of Arts has been serving Northeast Arkansas for over 20 years, with a vision to "be a vital part of a strong, vibrant community that recognizes the importance of the arts as a highly influential factor of a superb quality of life."
As stated in their mission, the FOA directs their services to three areas: community theatre, arts education, and outreach activities.
The Foundation stages five productions each theatre season, including both plays and musicals, with up to nine performances of each production. Each theatre season involves hundreds of citizens in our region, and auditions for each production are open to anyone. All performances are held in The Forum Theatre, also located downtown.
They offer a wide range of classes in visual art, dance and theatre, as well as Saturday workshops. Classes are instructed by professional dancers, choreographers, artists and theatre coaches, with an average of 1,000 students served annually.
Outreach Activities include The Tuition Waiver Program, which provides scholarships or work study opportunities to students who are unable to pay for classes; The Dance Again Closet, which is for any student unable to purchase leotards, tights or shoes needed for dance classes; and Learning Expression Through Art Programs (LEAP), which works hand in hand with Abilities Unlimited to incorporate drama, dance, music and art into the lives of adults with disabilities.
The Foundation of Arts relies completely on donations to operate. They hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year, including an annual 5K race in downtown Jonesboro.
The third annual FOA Family 5K Walk/Run is being held on March 10, 2012, at 8:00a.m. The race will begin and end directly in front of The Forum Theatre, 115 E. Monroe. The race is open to all ages and will be a "fast mix of city streets and historic neighborhoods in the downtown Jonesboro area."
The course is USATF certified, a championship event and will be marked and supervised by FOA volunteers. Registration will be from 6:30a.m. to 7:45a.m., with the race beginning promptly at 8:00a.m.
Runners can register online at www.racesonline.com for $20.00, or mail in an entry fee for $25.00. All proceeds will directly benefit the Foundation of Arts and their efforts to "continue nurturing the artist in every student, of every age and in every creative endeavor."
For more information on the Foundation of Arts or the FOA 5K, visit the FOA website at www.foajonesboro.org, or call The Foundation at 870-935-2726.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections