FOA hosts annual 5k
The Foundation of Arts has been serving Northeast Arkansas for over 20 years, with a vision to "be a vital part of a strong, vibrant community that recognizes the importance of the arts as a highly influential factor of a superb quality of life."
As stated in their mission, the FOA directs their services to three areas: community theatre, arts education, and outreach activities.
The Foundation stages five productions each theatre season, including both plays and musicals, with up to nine performances of each production. Each theatre season involves hundreds of citizens in our region, and auditions for each production are open to anyone. All performances are held in The Forum Theatre, also located downtown.
They offer a wide range of classes in visual art, dance and theatre, as well as Saturday workshops. Classes are instructed by professional dancers, choreographers, artists and theatre coaches, with an average of 1,000 students served annually.
Outreach Activities include The Tuition Waiver Program, which provides scholarships or work study opportunities to students who are unable to pay for classes; The Dance Again Closet, which is for any student unable to purchase leotards, tights or shoes needed for dance classes; and Learning Expression Through Art Programs (LEAP), which works hand in hand with Abilities Unlimited to incorporate drama, dance, music and art into the lives of adults with disabilities.
The Foundation of Arts relies completely on donations to operate. They hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year, including an annual 5K race in downtown Jonesboro.
The third annual FOA Family 5K Walk/Run is being held on March 10, 2012, at 8:00a.m. The race will begin and end directly in front of The Forum Theatre, 115 E. Monroe. The race is open to all ages and will be a "fast mix of city streets and historic neighborhoods in the downtown Jonesboro area."
The course is USATF certified, a championship event and will be marked and supervised by FOA volunteers. Registration will be from 6:30a.m. to 7:45a.m., with the race beginning promptly at 8:00a.m.
Runners can register online at www.racesonline.com for $20.00, or mail in an entry fee for $25.00. All proceeds will directly benefit the Foundation of Arts and their efforts to "continue nurturing the artist in every student, of every age and in every creative endeavor."
For more information on the Foundation of Arts or the FOA 5K, visit the FOA website at www.foajonesboro.org, or call The Foundation at 870-935-2726.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists