FOA hosts annual 5k
The Foundation of Arts has been serving Northeast Arkansas for over 20 years, with a vision to "be a vital part of a strong, vibrant community that recognizes the importance of the arts as a highly influential factor of a superb quality of life."
As stated in their mission, the FOA directs their services to three areas: community theatre, arts education, and outreach activities.
The Foundation stages five productions each theatre season, including both plays and musicals, with up to nine performances of each production. Each theatre season involves hundreds of citizens in our region, and auditions for each production are open to anyone. All performances are held in The Forum Theatre, also located downtown.
They offer a wide range of classes in visual art, dance and theatre, as well as Saturday workshops. Classes are instructed by professional dancers, choreographers, artists and theatre coaches, with an average of 1,000 students served annually.
Outreach Activities include The Tuition Waiver Program, which provides scholarships or work study opportunities to students who are unable to pay for classes; The Dance Again Closet, which is for any student unable to purchase leotards, tights or shoes needed for dance classes; and Learning Expression Through Art Programs (LEAP), which works hand in hand with Abilities Unlimited to incorporate drama, dance, music and art into the lives of adults with disabilities.
The Foundation of Arts relies completely on donations to operate. They hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year, including an annual 5K race in downtown Jonesboro.
The third annual FOA Family 5K Walk/Run is being held on March 10, 2012, at 8:00a.m. The race will begin and end directly in front of The Forum Theatre, 115 E. Monroe. The race is open to all ages and will be a "fast mix of city streets and historic neighborhoods in the downtown Jonesboro area."
The course is USATF certified, a championship event and will be marked and supervised by FOA volunteers. Registration will be from 6:30a.m. to 7:45a.m., with the race beginning promptly at 8:00a.m.
Runners can register online at www.racesonline.com for $20.00, or mail in an entry fee for $25.00. All proceeds will directly benefit the Foundation of Arts and their efforts to "continue nurturing the artist in every student, of every age and in every creative endeavor."
For more information on the Foundation of Arts or the FOA 5K, visit the FOA website at www.foajonesboro.org, or call The Foundation at 870-935-2726.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge