Gilbert and Church rock Convocation Center
In a night filled with lights, cheers and cowboy boots, Eric Church, Brantley Gilbert and Drake White made their way to a near sold out ASU Convocation Center as part of the Blood, Sweat and Beers tour and his second appearance in Jonesboro.
Doors opened at 6:30 p.m. and Drake White opened the concert at 7:30 with a slew of songs about his country life. His energetic presence accompanied his dancing and guitar on stage. The most comical point of the night was when White yelled at the crowd to hold their beers up. The crowd replied with a showing of empty hands. It was quite obvious at that point that we are in a dry county.
After Whites few songs, the much anticipated Gilbert came on stage to a large presence of screaming fans, the men as much as the women. With all of the cowboy hats thrown on stage to Gilbert and his band, it was amazing to not see any undergarments. Gilbert played many songs from his albums Modern Day Prodigal Son and Halfway to Heaven.
Gilbert even played songs that he wrote for Aldean, like Dirt Road Anthem. He also played one of the favorites of the night, which was My Kind of Crazy.
Gilbert was energetic and didnt just focus on one side of the audience. After switching sides of the stage multiple times and engaging with his audience, he put on a great show.
Lastly, Church made his way to the stage, coming through the floorboards in a fit of light and fog. His first song was Country Music Jesus accompanied with fire shooting out from the stage whenever Church sang the word fire. He continued on with more of his famous songs and kept the crowd entertained.
His quote of the night was calling all of Jonesboro bad asses, which sent the crowd into a frenzy.
With his energetic dancing, tremendous ability to play guitar and wonderful talent of keeping the crowds attention, his concert was one of the best of the year.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!