Home sweet home
The end of school is quickly approaching, and while some students are eagerly planning beach and amusement park vacations or applying for jobs, others are faced with seeking a place to live.
Some may return to school in August but others are graduating and have to step up to the plate and be an adult. Looking for an apartment boils down to more than just finding a complex with a pool and weight room.
For example, some places provide a laundry room onsite, others have appliances already in the apartment but others yet may only have hookups. Utilities also have to be taken into consideration when planning out a budget.
Apartment hunting doesn’t have to be a daunting process, however. If summer plans keep you in Jonesboro, take this guide along with you to make the smart decisions that won’t lead to a roach infested home.
Wolf Creek Apartments (formerly The Grove)
500 N. Caraway Rd, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plans: 2 and 3 bedroom/2 and 3 bath
Rates: $100 application fee/$453-$503 per bedroom/$250 pet deposit
Amenities: Apartment and community features
Additional Info: Pet friendly
Contact: (870) 933-7442 or via email, email@example.com
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sun 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
“Check for any elevation in price over time consistency of rates, appliance liability, maintenance criteria, pest control, who the company is that they use and they’re routine, (and) insurance.” – Mikka Rolle, sophomore communications major of Southaven, Miss.
“Look through more than just a few, but a long list of apartments. List prices and utilities you have to pay before you make your final decision. Don’t go because it’s cheap. My experience (at Wolf Creek) has been great. I came in, didn’t know my roommate and now we get along.” – Tiara Green, junior nursing major of Texarkana, Texas.
Willow Creek Apartments
6 Willow Creek Lane, Jonesboro, AR 72404
Floor Plans: 1, 2 and 3 bedroom/1 and 2 bath
Rates: $35 application fee/$87.50 - $600 deposit/$629- $1045
Amenities: Apartment and community luxuries/special and additional features
Additional Info: Pet friendly/host events/special offers
Contact: (870) 277-2589 or via website, www.livingwillowcreek.com
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Closed Sundays
“It’s been a wonderful experience, (I’ve) been here for three years. My biggest advice is to check out apartmentratings.com or talk to someone who actually lives there.” – Heather Herren, leasing agent.
Deerfield Crossing Sage Meadows (Townhomes)
5555 Macedonia Rd, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plans: 1,2 and 3 bedroom/ 1,2 and 2.5 bath
Rates: $25 application fee/$750 deposit/up to $995 per mth/$300 non-refundable pet deposit w/ extra $25 rental charge per mth
Amenities: Townhome luxuries
Additional Info: Pet friendly/Non-smoking
Contact: (870) 761-3333 or via website, www.deerfieldcrossing.com
Office Hours: None
“Find something that you can grow into. Stay in and buy a house.” – Amanda Gordon, manager of Deerfield Crossing.
College Corner Apartments
1830 E Johnson Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plan – 1,2 and 3 bedroom/1 and 2 bath
Rates - $35 application fee per person/$465 - $625 per mth
Amenities – Apartment features
Additional Info: No pets/animal service available
Contact – (870) 972-8200 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Mon-Thurs 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Fri 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat-Sun 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Taryn Easterling, a property manager at College Corner, said apartment hunters should take a good look at the space and environment and make sure the apartment managers show them the property. She added it is important to also go over rules and regulations.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!