Home sweet home
The end of school is quickly approaching, and while some students are eagerly planning beach and amusement park vacations or applying for jobs, others are faced with seeking a place to live.
Some may return to school in August but others are graduating and have to step up to the plate and be an adult. Looking for an apartment boils down to more than just finding a complex with a pool and weight room.
For example, some places provide a laundry room onsite, others have appliances already in the apartment but others yet may only have hookups. Utilities also have to be taken into consideration when planning out a budget.
Apartment hunting doesn’t have to be a daunting process, however. If summer plans keep you in Jonesboro, take this guide along with you to make the smart decisions that won’t lead to a roach infested home.
Wolf Creek Apartments (formerly The Grove)
500 N. Caraway Rd, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plans: 2 and 3 bedroom/2 and 3 bath
Rates: $100 application fee/$453-$503 per bedroom/$250 pet deposit
Amenities: Apartment and community features
Additional Info: Pet friendly
Contact: (870) 933-7442 or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sun 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
“Check for any elevation in price over time consistency of rates, appliance liability, maintenance criteria, pest control, who the company is that they use and they’re routine, (and) insurance.” – Mikka Rolle, sophomore communications major of Southaven, Miss.
“Look through more than just a few, but a long list of apartments. List prices and utilities you have to pay before you make your final decision. Don’t go because it’s cheap. My experience (at Wolf Creek) has been great. I came in, didn’t know my roommate and now we get along.” – Tiara Green, junior nursing major of Texarkana, Texas.
Willow Creek Apartments
6 Willow Creek Lane, Jonesboro, AR 72404
Floor Plans: 1, 2 and 3 bedroom/1 and 2 bath
Rates: $35 application fee/$87.50 - $600 deposit/$629- $1045
Amenities: Apartment and community luxuries/special and additional features
Additional Info: Pet friendly/host events/special offers
Contact: (870) 277-2589 or via website, www.livingwillowcreek.com
Office hours: Mon-Fri 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Closed Sundays
“It’s been a wonderful experience, (I’ve) been here for three years. My biggest advice is to check out apartmentratings.com or talk to someone who actually lives there.” – Heather Herren, leasing agent.
Deerfield Crossing Sage Meadows (Townhomes)
5555 Macedonia Rd, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plans: 1,2 and 3 bedroom/ 1,2 and 2.5 bath
Rates: $25 application fee/$750 deposit/up to $995 per mth/$300 non-refundable pet deposit w/ extra $25 rental charge per mth
Amenities: Townhome luxuries
Additional Info: Pet friendly/Non-smoking
Contact: (870) 761-3333 or via website, www.deerfieldcrossing.com
Office Hours: None
“Find something that you can grow into. Stay in and buy a house.” – Amanda Gordon, manager of Deerfield Crossing.
College Corner Apartments
1830 E Johnson Ave, Jonesboro, AR 72401
Floor Plan – 1,2 and 3 bedroom/1 and 2 bath
Rates - $35 application fee per person/$465 - $625 per mth
Amenities – Apartment features
Additional Info: No pets/animal service available
Contact – (870) 972-8200 or via email, email@example.com
Office hours: Mon-Thurs 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Fri 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat-Sun 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Taryn Easterling, a property manager at College Corner, said apartment hunters should take a good look at the space and environment and make sure the apartment managers show them the property. She added it is important to also go over rules and regulations.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Brian Dooley named Women’s Head Soccer Coach
- Police: 2 men charged in rape allegation investigation
- Red Wolves lose a close one, but respond with a blowout win over Texas State
- A-State’s track team sets records at the season opener in Kentucky
- Our View: Personal security as valuable as electronic security
- A-State men’s basketball snaps losing skid with two wins
- Red Wolves get run over in GoDaddy Bowl
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World