Plenty of fish in the virtual sea
Many people who use online dating, whether for a one-night-stand or a long-term relationship, usually remain quiet for fear of the judgmental response of not being able to meet someone “the normal way” through mutual friends or out at bars and coffee shops.
But despite the stigma that surrounds online dating, there are a great deal of benefits to turning to the computer for love.
Online, it is easy to chat with as many people as desired without having to get dressed up and leave the house. Online dating also expands the possibility of finding a connection without the constraints of distance. Many options exist, and there is no confusion as to whether or not they are looking for a relationship.
It can also be tailored to a person’s preference. Not looking for anything serious? Ready for true love? Simply say so in your profile to end confusion about intentions before even speaking with a person.
Online dating is not without its share of setbacks. First, it can be daunting to weed through the thousands of people, especially when the term “dating” means different things to everyone.
And of course, it is hard to truly get to know someone without meeting them in person, but it can be hard to meet if your match is thousands of miles away. It can also be overwhelming to have so many options, which means finding someone worthy of meeting in person can be time-consuming.
While common sense can help someone stay safe online, there is still room to get caught in a lie, as everyone’s profile will show their best self, and downplay or flat-out lie about the flaws.
Despite the setbacks, those who delve into the world of online dating can often times see many benefits. Choosing to date online does not mean that someone has trouble socializing, or is desperate to find a spouse. It is simply another way to meet and connect with others, and in a world where as fast and busy as it is in this current age, that may not be such a bad thing.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Sigma Pi suspended following rape allegations, arrest of two members
- Here she is, Miss ASU
- A-State finalist in safe school competition
- Businesses bring more affordable opportunities to Joneboro
- Is rape culture the new pop culture?
- Free the Nipple movement reaching out
- Beck PRIDE Center receives $15k grant
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor