Popular trend comes back
Looking around the cafeteria: red, mint green, purple, denim and mustard colored jeans catch the eye. An old trend of wearing colored jeans has returned.
Students, parents, kids and faculty members have been seen wearing different colored jeans to classes, out to social gatherings and to special events.
Colored jeans were a big trend in the 80s. With most trends coming and going throughout the years spring colored jeans have made their way back to the fashion world.
Alex Walls, a junior chemistry and pre-vet major of Jacksonville, said she has pretty much every color except green and yellow.
Every time I go shopping, I end up buying more colored jeans, Walls said. I try to avoid that area in the stores altogether, but I always cave in and stop to look at them.
Several stores, including Kohls, The Buckle and Charlotte Russe, have their colored jeans on a big display. Dillards has the new trend grouped together on racks, but also displayed throughout their departments.
Dillards is probably the hardest place for me to go into, Walls said. Just because you cant really avoid all the colored jeans because they are scattered throughout the departments. Which I guess is a good marketing technique instead of just having them all grouped together.
According to CBSnews.com, colored jeans are the biggest trend that has hit stores this spring, but some students are trying to avoid this new trend.
Leighann Smith, a junior psychology major of Highland, said she used to wear colored jeans when she was younger but hasnt picked them back up since theyve gone back into style.
I just dont think I pull them off very well anymore, Smith said. I know some people look really cute in them, and a lot of girls wear the red pants to the football games or any other events associated with ASU. Im not sure how I feel about me wearing red pants or any colored pants besides the original blue jeans and white jeans.
Smith said another factor stopping her from buying the jeans is she doesnt know what top to wear with certain colors of the jeans. Walls, on the other hand, said she can always find something to pair them up with.
It does get a little bit repetitive, but I normally pair my jeans with a white or black blouse, Walls said. Or if I have a shirt that has the same color in it as the jeans Im going to wear, Ill pair it with that. You just have to coordinate a little more. But white or black shirts can definitely pair up with any color of jeans you have.
While girls are hopping on the new trend, guys are also looking into the new style and picking up their favorite colored jeans.
Im not really into the whole colored jeans thing, said Justin Moore, a junior marketing major of Jonesboro. Im not really a big jean wearer. Im more of a slacks or shorts kind of guy. I do however love the red colored slacks. They are dressy yet still casual-looking. And paired with a nice button-up shirt and jacket, they look real snazzy.
For students who are on the line about the new trend, there are several fashion blogs and news sites that provide tips to dressing up and accessorizing different colored jeans.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Gubernational Debate
- Mythbusters: Greek life edition
- Golf player dismissed from team after arrested and charged with sodomy
- Mold found in dorms causes health concerns for residents and staff
- College mergers, possible restructuring to follow decline in student enrollment
- The writing center relocates for easier student access
- Student activity center construction update
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR