Popular trend comes back
Looking around the cafeteria: red, mint green, purple, denim and mustard colored jeans catch the eye. An old trend of wearing colored jeans has returned.
Students, parents, kids and faculty members have been seen wearing different colored jeans to classes, out to social gatherings and to special events.
Colored jeans were a big trend in the 80s. With most trends coming and going throughout the years spring colored jeans have made their way back to the fashion world.
Alex Walls, a junior chemistry and pre-vet major of Jacksonville, said she has pretty much every color except green and yellow.
Every time I go shopping, I end up buying more colored jeans, Walls said. I try to avoid that area in the stores altogether, but I always cave in and stop to look at them.
Several stores, including Kohls, The Buckle and Charlotte Russe, have their colored jeans on a big display. Dillards has the new trend grouped together on racks, but also displayed throughout their departments.
Dillards is probably the hardest place for me to go into, Walls said. Just because you cant really avoid all the colored jeans because they are scattered throughout the departments. Which I guess is a good marketing technique instead of just having them all grouped together.
According to CBSnews.com, colored jeans are the biggest trend that has hit stores this spring, but some students are trying to avoid this new trend.
Leighann Smith, a junior psychology major of Highland, said she used to wear colored jeans when she was younger but hasnt picked them back up since theyve gone back into style.
I just dont think I pull them off very well anymore, Smith said. I know some people look really cute in them, and a lot of girls wear the red pants to the football games or any other events associated with ASU. Im not sure how I feel about me wearing red pants or any colored pants besides the original blue jeans and white jeans.
Smith said another factor stopping her from buying the jeans is she doesnt know what top to wear with certain colors of the jeans. Walls, on the other hand, said she can always find something to pair them up with.
It does get a little bit repetitive, but I normally pair my jeans with a white or black blouse, Walls said. Or if I have a shirt that has the same color in it as the jeans Im going to wear, Ill pair it with that. You just have to coordinate a little more. But white or black shirts can definitely pair up with any color of jeans you have.
While girls are hopping on the new trend, guys are also looking into the new style and picking up their favorite colored jeans.
Im not really into the whole colored jeans thing, said Justin Moore, a junior marketing major of Jonesboro. Im not really a big jean wearer. Im more of a slacks or shorts kind of guy. I do however love the red colored slacks. They are dressy yet still casual-looking. And paired with a nice button-up shirt and jacket, they look real snazzy.
For students who are on the line about the new trend, there are several fashion blogs and news sites that provide tips to dressing up and accessorizing different colored jeans.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Sigma Pi suspended following rape allegations, arrest of two members
- Here she is, Miss ASU
- A-State finalist in safe school competition
- Businesses bring more affordable opportunities to Joneboro
- Is rape culture the new pop culture?
- Free the Nipple movement reaching out
- Beck PRIDE Center receives $15k grant
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor