Warped Tour never the same two years in a row
Warped Tour, like many other festivals, will be back again this summer and promises to be just as exciting as in years past.
The skateboard shoe manufacturer, Vans, among others, has sponsored the tour every year since 1995, and attendance figures for last years tour were estimated between 16,000 and 20,000.
The tours more recent lineups have featured a diversity of alternative rock genres, such as hardcore, pop punk, and metal.
Since the 2000s the tour has featured as many as 100 bands per show, traveling all over the country to major cities.
The closest Warped Tour that comes to Arkansas State is St. Louis, which is about a four hour drive from campus.
The show kicks off June 16 in Salt Lake City, Utah, and will wrap up Aug. 5 in Portland, Ore.
Tickets for shows in each city can be purchased at vanswarpedtour.com, and other information about the lineup may be obtained at that website as well.
Taylor Burrington, a sophomore interdisciplinary studies major of Cabot, described his past experience of Warped Tour to be crazy and hot.
The crowds were huge and the shows were great. The whole atmosphere was just incredible, he said.
Apart from a typical venue, which is inside and sometimes offers poor acoustics, Warped Tour and other summer festivals are usually outside in a field or park large enough to accommodate the large number of people who attend one date.
I dont think anything compares to venues like that, Burrington said.
With so many bands on the tour and each playing only one day, Warped Tour has several different stages so several different bands can play simultaneously. Although this is a great feature utilized by many festivals, it forces fans to choose, but allows a listener to walk around and sample several different bands at once.
Mark Reider, a freshman social science major of Cabot, went to Warped Tour for the first time last year.
I had never been to a large music festival like that before, so it was really just a new experience for me. It was cool getting to see some of my favorite bands all in the same place. That doesnt happen very often, Reider said.
For music fans who have never been to an outdoor summer music festival, Warped Tour is a great place to start. With tickets costing only $28-35 and many genres to choose from, it is one of the cheapest tours featuring many big bands of todays alternative rock scene.
I want to go back because Warped Tour is never the same two years in a row. Ill get to have a similar experience with new friends to go with and new bands to see, Reider said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!