2012 McNair Scholars Announced
The Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program is funded through the U.S. Department of Education TRIO Programs. The program is designed to increase the number of low-income, first-generation and underrepresented college students who pursue and complete a doctoral degree in one of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or Psychology disciplines.
The program prepares undergraduates for doctoral study through involvement in research and scholarly activities. The purpose of the McNair Program is to assist in the academic and professional development of undergraduates whose goals are to earn a Ph.D., and teach and conduct research at the college level.
McNair Scholars selected include: *Tara Banks, Computer Science and Mathematics; Hannah Blair, Wildlife Ecology and Management; *Jon Calhoun, Computer Science and Mathematics; *Charmaine Conner, Psychology; Samantha Davis, Biology, Pre-Professional; Cheyenne Gerdes, Wildlife Ecology and Management; *Alisha Gilmer, Chemistry, Pre-Pharmacy; Jasmine Jackson, Psychology; Kayleigh Lincomfelt, Civil Engineering; Star Loerch, Wildlife Ecology and Management; *Edith Martinez, Civil Engineering; Jerry Maupin, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics; *Carson Munn, Electrical Engineering; *Tabitha Reynolds, Psychology; *Skye Roberson, Psychology and Physiology; *Lauren Tyler, Psychology; Laura White, Mathematics; Farrann Wilkinson, Psychology; Alexander Worm, Wildlife Ecology and Management; *Shaela Wright, Biology (* indicates Researcher)
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care