ASU consecutively sweeps PRISM awards
For the past decade, ASU students have consistently won the most PRISM Awards, the highest awards for public relations and advertising students, than any other Arkansas university and this year is no exception.
Awarded Sept. 27 and judged by industry leaders, this years PRISM award winners include Jarrett Clark, Katherine Cothern, Amy McKenzie and Brett Hunt for the communications campaigns category; Katherine Cothern for the publications category; Morgan McKenzie for the pitch letter category; Katherine McBride for the radio public service announcement category; and Amber Horton for the special event category.
Winning a PRISM awards speaks very highly of the quality of work and caliber of our (ASU) students. As a teacher, Im proud to be a small part of the winners success, said Lisa Moskal, ASU journalism instructor and PRSSA Adviser.
Prior to the award ceremony students of the ASU Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) attended the Professional Development Day in Little Rock sponsored by their Arkansas parent chapter of Public Relations Society of America.
Accompanied by other Arkansas public relation university programs, students heard from communication, marketing, advertising and public relations industry leaders who covered topics such as interview preparation, resume critiquing, internship seeking and network building.
The Arkansas chapter of Public Relations Society of America hosts the PRISM Awards and Professional Development Day every year in Little Rock. For more information about how to get involved with the ASU PRSSA organization contact President Darah Rounds at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit facebook.com/astateprssa.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists