ASU consecutively sweeps PRISM awards
For the past decade, ASU students have consistently won the most PRISM Awards, the highest awards for public relations and advertising students, than any other Arkansas university and this year is no exception.
Awarded Sept. 27 and judged by industry leaders, this years PRISM award winners include Jarrett Clark, Katherine Cothern, Amy McKenzie and Brett Hunt for the communications campaigns category; Katherine Cothern for the publications category; Morgan McKenzie for the pitch letter category; Katherine McBride for the radio public service announcement category; and Amber Horton for the special event category.
Winning a PRISM awards speaks very highly of the quality of work and caliber of our (ASU) students. As a teacher, Im proud to be a small part of the winners success, said Lisa Moskal, ASU journalism instructor and PRSSA Adviser.
Prior to the award ceremony students of the ASU Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) attended the Professional Development Day in Little Rock sponsored by their Arkansas parent chapter of Public Relations Society of America.
Accompanied by other Arkansas public relation university programs, students heard from communication, marketing, advertising and public relations industry leaders who covered topics such as interview preparation, resume critiquing, internship seeking and network building.
The Arkansas chapter of Public Relations Society of America hosts the PRISM Awards and Professional Development Day every year in Little Rock. For more information about how to get involved with the ASU PRSSA organization contact President Darah Rounds at email@example.com or visit facebook.com/astateprssa.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Sigma Pi suspended following rape allegations, arrest of two members
- Here she is, Miss ASU
- A-State finalist in safe school competition
- Businesses bring more affordable opportunities to Joneboro
- Is rape culture the new pop culture?
- Free the Nipple movement reaching out
- Beck PRIDE Center receives $15k grant
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor