ASU consecutively sweeps PRISM awards
For the past decade, ASU students have consistently won the most PRISM Awards, the highest awards for public relations and advertising students, than any other Arkansas university and this year is no exception.
Awarded Sept. 27 and judged by industry leaders, this years PRISM award winners include Jarrett Clark, Katherine Cothern, Amy McKenzie and Brett Hunt for the communications campaigns category; Katherine Cothern for the publications category; Morgan McKenzie for the pitch letter category; Katherine McBride for the radio public service announcement category; and Amber Horton for the special event category.
Winning a PRISM awards speaks very highly of the quality of work and caliber of our (ASU) students. As a teacher, Im proud to be a small part of the winners success, said Lisa Moskal, ASU journalism instructor and PRSSA Adviser.
Prior to the award ceremony students of the ASU Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) attended the Professional Development Day in Little Rock sponsored by their Arkansas parent chapter of Public Relations Society of America.
Accompanied by other Arkansas public relation university programs, students heard from communication, marketing, advertising and public relations industry leaders who covered topics such as interview preparation, resume critiquing, internship seeking and network building.
The Arkansas chapter of Public Relations Society of America hosts the PRISM Awards and Professional Development Day every year in Little Rock. For more information about how to get involved with the ASU PRSSA organization contact President Darah Rounds at email@example.com or visit facebook.com/astateprssa.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge