ASU consecutively sweeps PRISM awards
For the past decade, ASU students have consistently won the most PRISM Awards, the highest awards for public relations and advertising students, than any other Arkansas university and this year is no exception.
Awarded Sept. 27 and judged by industry leaders, this years PRISM award winners include Jarrett Clark, Katherine Cothern, Amy McKenzie and Brett Hunt for the communications campaigns category; Katherine Cothern for the publications category; Morgan McKenzie for the pitch letter category; Katherine McBride for the radio public service announcement category; and Amber Horton for the special event category.
Winning a PRISM awards speaks very highly of the quality of work and caliber of our (ASU) students. As a teacher, Im proud to be a small part of the winners success, said Lisa Moskal, ASU journalism instructor and PRSSA Adviser.
Prior to the award ceremony students of the ASU Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) attended the Professional Development Day in Little Rock sponsored by their Arkansas parent chapter of Public Relations Society of America.
Accompanied by other Arkansas public relation university programs, students heard from communication, marketing, advertising and public relations industry leaders who covered topics such as interview preparation, resume critiquing, internship seeking and network building.
The Arkansas chapter of Public Relations Society of America hosts the PRISM Awards and Professional Development Day every year in Little Rock. For more information about how to get involved with the ASU PRSSA organization contact President Darah Rounds at email@example.com or visit facebook.com/astateprssa.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections