Campus Crime: April 9 - April 12
Officer Keith Gilliam responded to a fire alarm from room 511 in Arkansas Hall. Inside the room he saw smoke hanging in the air and a George Foreman grill with three hamburger patties next to it.
The resident of the room said he had cooked hamburgers before without incident. The building was cleared for re-entry after the Jonesboro Fire Department arrived on scene.
While Officer Tracy Simpson was eating lunch in Akansa Dining Hall, she saw Elizabeth Daniels enter the cafeteria without swiping her ID card at the register.
After observing Daniels get a plate of food from the grill, Simpson approached her and inquired as to the location of her ID card. Simpson informed Daniels that eating without paying for her food would be considered stealing.
Daniels voluntarily returned to her room to retrieve the card. She was issued university referrals for failure to comply and theft.
Officer Daniel Bradway was patrolling the area along Honors Road at 4:17 a.m. when he heard a vehicle spinning its tires and watched as a truck sped off from the Kappa Alpha house. Bradway pulled over the driver, who immediately confessed to driving without a license. The driver of the truck, Hunter Milton, said he had been suspended for a DWI a few days prior.
After Milton failed several field sobriety tests, Bradway arrested him for driving while intoxicated and driving on a suspended or revoked license. Milton was taken to the Craighead County Sheriff’s Office.
Desmond Burnside reported the vandalism of his 2001 Pontiac Grand American. Officer Billy Branch responded, and Burnside showed the officer what appeared to be sugar around the gas hose line area.
Burnside said he was not having any problems with anyone at that time, and did not know why anyone would want to damage his vehicle.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Gubernational Debate
- Mythbusters: Greek life edition
- Golf player dismissed from team after arrested and charged with sodomy
- Mold found in dorms causes health concerns for residents and staff
- College mergers, possible restructuring to follow decline in student enrollment
- The writing center relocates for easier student access
- Student activity center construction update
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR