Campus Crime: April 9 - April 12
Officer Keith Gilliam responded to a fire alarm from room 511 in Arkansas Hall. Inside the room he saw smoke hanging in the air and a George Foreman grill with three hamburger patties next to it.
The resident of the room said he had cooked hamburgers before without incident. The building was cleared for re-entry after the Jonesboro Fire Department arrived on scene.
While Officer Tracy Simpson was eating lunch in Akansa Dining Hall, she saw Elizabeth Daniels enter the cafeteria without swiping her ID card at the register.
After observing Daniels get a plate of food from the grill, Simpson approached her and inquired as to the location of her ID card. Simpson informed Daniels that eating without paying for her food would be considered stealing.
Daniels voluntarily returned to her room to retrieve the card. She was issued university referrals for failure to comply and theft.
Officer Daniel Bradway was patrolling the area along Honors Road at 4:17 a.m. when he heard a vehicle spinning its tires and watched as a truck sped off from the Kappa Alpha house. Bradway pulled over the driver, who immediately confessed to driving without a license. The driver of the truck, Hunter Milton, said he had been suspended for a DWI a few days prior.
After Milton failed several field sobriety tests, Bradway arrested him for driving while intoxicated and driving on a suspended or revoked license. Milton was taken to the Craighead County Sheriff’s Office.
Desmond Burnside reported the vandalism of his 2001 Pontiac Grand American. Officer Billy Branch responded, and Burnside showed the officer what appeared to be sugar around the gas hose line area.
Burnside said he was not having any problems with anyone at that time, and did not know why anyone would want to damage his vehicle.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists