Coach For A Day: Bidding on the spring game
Arkansas State University is auctioning off the right to coach the April 18 Spring Football game, and the bidding for the honor has already topped ten grand.
The eBay auction began April 7 with a mere starting bid of $2,500, but quickly skyrocketed Thursday night as more and more A-State fans jumped into the action.
“We thought opening it up would help generate interest in our program,” said head football coach Blake Anderson in an interview with ESPN.
“We figure an Arkansas State fan would want to win this, but we didn’t want to limit ourselves,” he said.
The winning bidder—the new coach—will stay on headset the entire game and have the power to make game-changing decisions.
“If our coach wants to go (for it) on fourth-and-30, they can do that,” Anderson said. “But we might have them explain themselves in a postgame press conference.”
They will also give the pregame and halftime talk, call run patterns and plays, and be fully equipped in A-State coaching gear, according to the eBay auction page.
Of course, no coaching experience would be complete with out the victory Gatorade bath, and a winning game will lend the victorious coach just that.
The results of the auction will be announced late Monday afternoon.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care