Create @ State offers opportunitites
Create@State is an annual event dedicated to the pursuit of research and creativity at Arkansas State, according to Andrew Sustich, vice provost for research and graduate studies. The day-long session Thursday included oral, poster, creative and artistic presentations from both graduate and undergraduate students.
Corey Green, a junior psychology major of Hot Springs, said she was a little nervous but felt good about speaking on her research “Analysis of Stalking Among Adolescents” during Create@State.
“It’s a good way for students to showcase what they have been working on,” Green said. Green also said the experience of presenting can help students prepare for professional research conferences. “It’s like A-State’s own little science fair,” she said.
Create@State offered a supportive yet professional environment to students who might be showcasing their scholarly work for the first time.
“I think it went really well,” said Alex Swenson, a senior psychology major of Poplar Bluff, Mo., who co-presented “To Free or Not to Free: Crime Control vs. Due Process Orientation” early Thursday morning. He said the time he invested in his research made presenting at Create@State well worth the effort.
“I am proud of the intellect, creativity and innovation taking place at Arkansas State,” Sustich said in a press release. “ This event is a testament to the rich learning experiences that are provided by our outstanding faculty.”
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- A-State network makes Internet use more secure for students
- Alums create nonprofit for their son diagnosed with a rare disease
- A-State art professor among artists featured at Crystal Bridges museum
- #ScandalousSelfie a risky endeavor
- Review: “If I Stay” plays the right melody
- “Flex” your money muscles
- Wearing red brings campus to life
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center