Create @ State offers opportunitites
Create@State is an annual event dedicated to the pursuit of research and creativity at Arkansas State, according to Andrew Sustich, vice provost for research and graduate studies. The day-long session Thursday included oral, poster, creative and artistic presentations from both graduate and undergraduate students.
Corey Green, a junior psychology major of Hot Springs, said she was a little nervous but felt good about speaking on her research “Analysis of Stalking Among Adolescents” during Create@State.
“It’s a good way for students to showcase what they have been working on,” Green said. Green also said the experience of presenting can help students prepare for professional research conferences. “It’s like A-State’s own little science fair,” she said.
Create@State offered a supportive yet professional environment to students who might be showcasing their scholarly work for the first time.
“I think it went really well,” said Alex Swenson, a senior psychology major of Poplar Bluff, Mo., who co-presented “To Free or Not to Free: Crime Control vs. Due Process Orientation” early Thursday morning. He said the time he invested in his research made presenting at Create@State well worth the effort.
“I am proud of the intellect, creativity and innovation taking place at Arkansas State,” Sustich said in a press release. “ This event is a testament to the rich learning experiences that are provided by our outstanding faculty.”
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Brian Dooley named Women’s Head Soccer Coach
- Police: 2 men charged in rape allegation investigation
- Red Wolves lose a close one, but respond with a blowout win over Texas State
- A-State’s track team sets records at the season opener in Kentucky
- Our View: Personal security as valuable as electronic security
- A-State men’s basketball snaps losing skid with two wins
- Red Wolves get run over in GoDaddy Bowl
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World