Have a Heart
During the Have-A-Heart-A-Thon on Friday, volunteers throughout Jonesboro raised about $234,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
While the telethon was held at the Jonesboro Radio Group in downtown Jonesboro, many citizens from the city and ASU students were found collecting money at many of the major intersections.
Kaitlyn, a young girl who is a survivor of cancer, was granted her wish of going on a shopping spree by ASU's chapter of Chi Omega. Kaitlyn was present during the Have-A-Heart-A-Thon to speak about her experience with her wish being granted.
Shelby Walker, a sophomore exercise science major of West Memphis, said seeing Kaitlyn there was awe inspiring.
"When I saw Kaitlyn I was beyond excited, She had hair!" she said. "You could see it in her eyes how much better she felt. She's on the road to recovery and knowing that through Make-A-Wish we can help so many more children just get their wish come true during this hard time makes all of the volunteering so worth it."
During Kaitlyn's wish granting, she was bald because of the chemotherapy she was going through. After several reschedulings, due to her level of sickness, her wish was finally granted to go on a $5,000 shopping spree.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists