Have a Heart
During the Have-A-Heart-A-Thon on Friday, volunteers throughout Jonesboro raised about $234,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
While the telethon was held at the Jonesboro Radio Group in downtown Jonesboro, many citizens from the city and ASU students were found collecting money at many of the major intersections.
Kaitlyn, a young girl who is a survivor of cancer, was granted her wish of going on a shopping spree by ASU's chapter of Chi Omega. Kaitlyn was present during the Have-A-Heart-A-Thon to speak about her experience with her wish being granted.
Shelby Walker, a sophomore exercise science major of West Memphis, said seeing Kaitlyn there was awe inspiring.
"When I saw Kaitlyn I was beyond excited, She had hair!" she said. "You could see it in her eyes how much better she felt. She's on the road to recovery and knowing that through Make-A-Wish we can help so many more children just get their wish come true during this hard time makes all of the volunteering so worth it."
During Kaitlyn's wish granting, she was bald because of the chemotherapy she was going through. After several reschedulings, due to her level of sickness, her wish was finally granted to go on a $5,000 shopping spree.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
RECENT ASU HERALD CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age