Sissys hosts first local competition
Sissys Log Cabin is giving one lucky winner the chance of a lifetime by holding an engagement ring contest.
The jewelry store is holding a contest where a man or a woman, who doesnt necessarily have to be a student at ASU, can write a 200-word essay about the story of their relationship and try to win an engagement ring.
This will be the first time the jewelry store has had this contest at its Jonesboro location, but it isnt the first time the chain has held the contest.
Weve done it in Conway, Little Rock, and were doing it here now, said Mark Sanders, store manager of the jewelry store.
We just want to thank our local clientele. Its a great way to get the name Sissys Log Cabin out there and its just a good way to be a part of the community.
The store is targeting young adults with this contest, male or female, that are interested in getting married.
Sanders also said they dont measure business with this contest and all he wants is for store to get involved with the community.
The jewelry store gets the opportunity to hold this contest because they are the official jeweler of ASU and felt that it would be a fun way to include the university with their contest. The winner of the contest will be chosen by a committee that will pick what they feel is the best story.
Its all about romance and how the young couple met, said Sanders We want to know about their history and their future together and we want to be a part of their successful story.
One male student, who wishes to remain anonymous until the competition has concluded, turned in an essay to the jewelry store and said it is an amazing opportunity and would be a life-changing experience if he won. He said it gives him the chance to give his girlfriend the ring she deserves but was also excited about the opportunity because it gives other young couples the same chance as him.
The winner of the contest will be declared during the third quarter of the homecoming football game at ASU. The winner of the contest will also design the ring, which can have a value of up to $5,000. The winner is not obligated to propose at the game. It will be up to the winner when he or she wants to propose.
Anybody interested in winning the engagement ring must turn in his or her 200-word essay to the jewelry store by Oct. 8 and include a picture of his or her significant other.
The essay should describe their relationship with details such as where they met and how long they have been dating.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Gubernational Debate
- Mythbusters: Greek life edition
- Golf player dismissed from team after arrested and charged with sodomy
- Mold found in dorms causes health concerns for residents and staff
- College mergers, possible restructuring to follow decline in student enrollment
- The writing center relocates for easier student access
- Student activity center construction update
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR