Sissys hosts first local competition
Sissys Log Cabin is giving one lucky winner the chance of a lifetime by holding an engagement ring contest.
The jewelry store is holding a contest where a man or a woman, who doesnt necessarily have to be a student at ASU, can write a 200-word essay about the story of their relationship and try to win an engagement ring.
This will be the first time the jewelry store has had this contest at its Jonesboro location, but it isnt the first time the chain has held the contest.
Weve done it in Conway, Little Rock, and were doing it here now, said Mark Sanders, store manager of the jewelry store.
We just want to thank our local clientele. Its a great way to get the name Sissys Log Cabin out there and its just a good way to be a part of the community.
The store is targeting young adults with this contest, male or female, that are interested in getting married.
Sanders also said they dont measure business with this contest and all he wants is for store to get involved with the community.
The jewelry store gets the opportunity to hold this contest because they are the official jeweler of ASU and felt that it would be a fun way to include the university with their contest. The winner of the contest will be chosen by a committee that will pick what they feel is the best story.
Its all about romance and how the young couple met, said Sanders We want to know about their history and their future together and we want to be a part of their successful story.
One male student, who wishes to remain anonymous until the competition has concluded, turned in an essay to the jewelry store and said it is an amazing opportunity and would be a life-changing experience if he won. He said it gives him the chance to give his girlfriend the ring she deserves but was also excited about the opportunity because it gives other young couples the same chance as him.
The winner of the contest will be declared during the third quarter of the homecoming football game at ASU. The winner of the contest will also design the ring, which can have a value of up to $5,000. The winner is not obligated to propose at the game. It will be up to the winner when he or she wants to propose.
Anybody interested in winning the engagement ring must turn in his or her 200-word essay to the jewelry store by Oct. 8 and include a picture of his or her significant other.
The essay should describe their relationship with details such as where they met and how long they have been dating.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Sigma Pi suspended following rape allegations, arrest of two members
- Here she is, Miss ASU
- A-State finalist in safe school competition
- Businesses bring more affordable opportunities to Joneboro
- Is rape culture the new pop culture?
- Free the Nipple movement reaching out
- Beck PRIDE Center receives $15k grant
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor