Sissys hosts first local competition
Sissys Log Cabin is giving one lucky winner the chance of a lifetime by holding an engagement ring contest.
The jewelry store is holding a contest where a man or a woman, who doesnt necessarily have to be a student at ASU, can write a 200-word essay about the story of their relationship and try to win an engagement ring.
This will be the first time the jewelry store has had this contest at its Jonesboro location, but it isnt the first time the chain has held the contest.
Weve done it in Conway, Little Rock, and were doing it here now, said Mark Sanders, store manager of the jewelry store.
We just want to thank our local clientele. Its a great way to get the name Sissys Log Cabin out there and its just a good way to be a part of the community.
The store is targeting young adults with this contest, male or female, that are interested in getting married.
Sanders also said they dont measure business with this contest and all he wants is for store to get involved with the community.
The jewelry store gets the opportunity to hold this contest because they are the official jeweler of ASU and felt that it would be a fun way to include the university with their contest. The winner of the contest will be chosen by a committee that will pick what they feel is the best story.
Its all about romance and how the young couple met, said Sanders We want to know about their history and their future together and we want to be a part of their successful story.
One male student, who wishes to remain anonymous until the competition has concluded, turned in an essay to the jewelry store and said it is an amazing opportunity and would be a life-changing experience if he won. He said it gives him the chance to give his girlfriend the ring she deserves but was also excited about the opportunity because it gives other young couples the same chance as him.
The winner of the contest will be declared during the third quarter of the homecoming football game at ASU. The winner of the contest will also design the ring, which can have a value of up to $5,000. The winner is not obligated to propose at the game. It will be up to the winner when he or she wants to propose.
Anybody interested in winning the engagement ring must turn in his or her 200-word essay to the jewelry store by Oct. 8 and include a picture of his or her significant other.
The essay should describe their relationship with details such as where they met and how long they have been dating.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge