ASU takes first SBC win
On Thursday night the ASU Red Wolves would take its first Sun Belt Conference win against the Florida International Panthers in Miami, Fla.
The 34-20 victory marked ASUs first win in Miami since 2006 and would extend their road winning streak to five games.
Senior Ryan Aplin became the Sun Belt Conferences all-time leader in career offense with 10,365 yards, throwing for 223 with 15-of-23 completions.
Junior David Oku would finish the night with three rushing touchdowns, while freshman J.D. Mckissic posted his first 100 yards in receiving, giving him a game-high of 124 yards on five catches and a touchdown.
ASUs momentum would pick up after Sterling Young intercepted a pass, returning the ball for 29 yards to the FIU 7 yard-line.
ASU completed the night with 421 total yards offensively, compared to FIUs 341.
The Red Wolves return home for its home match up hosting South Alabama Jaguars in the Red Wolves annual homecoming game. This will be the first meeting between the two leagues. Kick off is set for 6 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care