ASU volleyball sweeps ULM
The Arkansas State volleyball team improved its Sun Belt Conference record to 2-2 with a 25-17, 26-24, 25-18 victory over Louisiana-Monroe at the HPESS Facility on Sunday.
The Red Wolves (11-8, 2-2 SBC) trailed just eight times over the three set match and relied on a steady attacking game to pick up the sweep over the Warhawks (4-9, 0-4).
Senior Jasmine Terry led the way with 16 kills, just two shy of her career-high. Fellow senior Kelsie Hodges added eight kills and a .429 attacking percentage.
Senior Allison Kearney finished with 37 assists and moved into sixth-place on the all-time career assist list at ASU. Junior libero added 13 digs, while Taylor Coughin chipped in with eight digs.
We recovered really well after the way we played on Friday night so I was happy about that, ASU volleyball coach David Rehr said. It is just a matter of us doing it again, especially with a quick turnaround and three matches this coming week.
ASU used a late run to help secure a first-set victory and take an early edge in the match.
Hodges and Terry used a 7-1 run to close at the set and give ASU a 25-17 victory. Terry finished the match with three straight kills, including a slam on set point.
ASU posted solid numbers in the second-set, but ULM matched the Red Wolves step-for-step.
ULM held a 21-19 lead late in the match, but a kill from Marie Hadar and attack error from the Warhawks evened the score at 21-21. After trading the next four points, Hodges connected on back-to-back kills to send ASU to a 26-24 victory.
The swing in momentum was too much for ULM to overcome and ASU cruised to a 25-18 victory on the third set.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!