ASU volleyball sweeps ULM
The Arkansas State volleyball team improved its Sun Belt Conference record to 2-2 with a 25-17, 26-24, 25-18 victory over Louisiana-Monroe at the HPESS Facility on Sunday.
The Red Wolves (11-8, 2-2 SBC) trailed just eight times over the three set match and relied on a steady attacking game to pick up the sweep over the Warhawks (4-9, 0-4).
Senior Jasmine Terry led the way with 16 kills, just two shy of her career-high. Fellow senior Kelsie Hodges added eight kills and a .429 attacking percentage.
Senior Allison Kearney finished with 37 assists and moved into sixth-place on the all-time career assist list at ASU. Junior libero added 13 digs, while Taylor Coughin chipped in with eight digs.
We recovered really well after the way we played on Friday night so I was happy about that, ASU volleyball coach David Rehr said. It is just a matter of us doing it again, especially with a quick turnaround and three matches this coming week.
ASU used a late run to help secure a first-set victory and take an early edge in the match.
Hodges and Terry used a 7-1 run to close at the set and give ASU a 25-17 victory. Terry finished the match with three straight kills, including a slam on set point.
ASU posted solid numbers in the second-set, but ULM matched the Red Wolves step-for-step.
ULM held a 21-19 lead late in the match, but a kill from Marie Hadar and attack error from the Warhawks evened the score at 21-21. After trading the next four points, Hodges connected on back-to-back kills to send ASU to a 26-24 victory.
The swing in momentum was too much for ULM to overcome and ASU cruised to a 25-18 victory on the third set.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists