Lady Red Wolves basketball prepare for exhibition
The Lady Red Wolves basketball team wrapped up another practice Wednesday at the HPESS.
Four starters, including two of the three scorers and rebounders return from last years team. Seniors Quinishia McDowell, Andi Watson and Ashley Olvera will be joined by junior Jane Morrill and sophomores Hanna Qedan and Jasmine Hunt as the squad prepares for the upcoming season.
Morrill lead the team in scoring with 16.2 points per game and also led the team with nearly 5.5 rebounds a night. Olvera was third on the team in scoring with an 8.7 average per night and also led the team with 3.6 assists per contest.
I think our players have used their preseason wisely with conditioning and weight, but you can only do that so often, head coach Brian Boyer said. It is a lot of teaching and we have to break things down to the basics. We have 15 players and nine of them are new so there is a lot of teaching and we will just move slowly with that.
Practices will continue leading up to ASUs Oct. 29 exhibition game against Ouachita Baptist. The Red Wolves will also host Arkansas-Monticello in a Nov. 5 exhibition game before getting the season underway against Toledo.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...