Rematch: 4th ranked Red Wolves play Life Saturday
The Arkansas State Red Wolves Rugby team ended a four game road trip with a 3-1 record. The team played began their five-week road trip with a visit to the No. 2 team Life University, where the Red Wolves were handed their first loss, 30-14.
We werent hitting on all cylinders due to injuries and they were and thats the difference in big games like us and Life, head coach Matt Huckaby said.
It was one of the toughest games we played this year definitely, Shaun Potgeiter said.
The following week, the team headed down to College Station, Texas, to face Texas A&M.
It was the second of the four games and another win ASU win, 67-0.
They got a lot better this go around. We didnt score as many points as we did in the game here, but we did equal the performance of that game as far as playing went, and that was expected, Huckaby said.
The team then headed to South Bend, Ind., to play Notre Dame University, who the Red Wolves had previously beat 99-0.
The team beat the Fighting Irish 41-0. Coach Huckaby said, we got into a bar fight or scrapped for that win. We answered the physicality, but forgot about playing great offense.
Rugby is known for playing in any type of weather, but the team had not played in severe weather until they traveled to the center of tornado alley in Norman, Okla., where a Friday storm front put out a surprise tornado a quarter mile from the teams hotel.
The team won 84-0 and put them at 7-1 going into this weekends game.
This weekends set-up makes the Life vs. A-State rivalry very interesting. The game between number two Life and the number four Arkansas State will determine the course for the rest of the year.
If we win, well hold the USA Championship Quarterfinals and Semis; if not we are off to the road again, Huckaby said. The goal of this game for Coach Huckaby and the team are: to win, get crowd involvement and to prepare for the tournament. The game is this Saturday at 1 p.m. at the rugby pitch near the Intramural Fields.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Sigma Pi suspended following rape allegations, arrest of two members
- Here she is, Miss ASU
- A-State finalist in safe school competition
- Businesses bring more affordable opportunities to Joneboro
- Is rape culture the new pop culture?
- Free the Nipple movement reaching out
- Beck PRIDE Center receives $15k grant
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths