Soccer aims to keep flawless home record
Coming off a 4-0 victory to Jackson State on Sunday Sept. 2, the Arkansas State womens soccer team is preparing once again for this weekends home games. The Lady Red Wolves will take on Tennessee-Martin on Friday, Sept. 7 and Central Arkansas on Sunday, Sept. 9.
As for Tennessee-Martin, the Skyhawks finished last season with a record of 14-7-2, including a run to the first round of the NCAA postseason tournament. The 2011 team lost seven players, but picked up nine newcomers for their 2012 squad. With both teams being filled with new faces, it should definitely be a good match up.
Tennessee Martin thrashed us pretty badly last year, and we would love nothing more than to avenge that defeat, said head coach Tafadzwa Ziyenge.
Sundays game against Central Arkansas will be a solid battle for state bragging rights. Arkansas State defeated UCA 2-0 last season, and the Lady Red Wolves are hungry for another in-state victory this weekend.
The Bears are currently 5-2 on their season.
UCA has added some new talent much like we have. I expect both games to be lively with even match ups. We are slowly starting to click and are definitely looking forward to game day, said Ziyenge.
The Lady Red Wolves are currently undefeated on the home front for the 2012 season. Come out and support the ASU soccer team this weekend as they work toward their goal of a winning season.
Fridays game against Tennessee-Martin and Sundays game against UCA will both be played at home with 2:00 kickoffs at the ASU soccer stadium located behind the football stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care