Soccer aims to keep flawless home record
Coming off a 4-0 victory to Jackson State on Sunday Sept. 2, the Arkansas State womens soccer team is preparing once again for this weekends home games. The Lady Red Wolves will take on Tennessee-Martin on Friday, Sept. 7 and Central Arkansas on Sunday, Sept. 9.
As for Tennessee-Martin, the Skyhawks finished last season with a record of 14-7-2, including a run to the first round of the NCAA postseason tournament. The 2011 team lost seven players, but picked up nine newcomers for their 2012 squad. With both teams being filled with new faces, it should definitely be a good match up.
Tennessee Martin thrashed us pretty badly last year, and we would love nothing more than to avenge that defeat, said head coach Tafadzwa Ziyenge.
Sundays game against Central Arkansas will be a solid battle for state bragging rights. Arkansas State defeated UCA 2-0 last season, and the Lady Red Wolves are hungry for another in-state victory this weekend.
The Bears are currently 5-2 on their season.
UCA has added some new talent much like we have. I expect both games to be lively with even match ups. We are slowly starting to click and are definitely looking forward to game day, said Ziyenge.
The Lady Red Wolves are currently undefeated on the home front for the 2012 season. Come out and support the ASU soccer team this weekend as they work toward their goal of a winning season.
Fridays game against Tennessee-Martin and Sundays game against UCA will both be played at home with 2:00 kickoffs at the ASU soccer stadium located behind the football stadium.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!