What the Howl? Men and women's basketball deserve tournament support
It’s not easy to lead a conference from day one and continue to win and play well like the Lady Red Wolves have, but they did it.
The A-State women have won an outright conference championship (which makes me happy, because I don’t like the thought of sharing with other schools).
So to the women, I say congratulations. To the fans, I say give this team your utmost support. Because they will be playing in the postseason, it’s just a question of where.
The men may be in for a tougher path to the Big Dance than the women.
The men begin their run to the SBC Tournament Championship title on Friday when they take on the UALR-Troy winner.
They’ll go in as the No. 4 seed in the tournament, yet I actually have some confidence in this group.
John Brady stated after Saturday’s loss he believed the Red Wolves could go down to New Orleans and win three games. I think he’s right.
The top three seeds have been a pain in the Red Wolves’ side, but it’s not as bad as you think.
Two losses to conference champion Georgia State by a combined four points, split meetings with WKU and two losses (should have been a split in fans’ eyes) to a talented ULL squad has the Red Wolves sitting at the No. 4 seed.
Do I think both squads have a legitimate chance at cutting down the nets in New Orleans? Yes, I do.
Do I have as much faith in the men as I do the women? No, but that doesn’t mean the men can’t do it.
They have the offensive talent to get it done. It will be on the defensive end that will be the tale for them.
Support your Red Wolves basketball squads this week. Both squads have played well this year, though some can argue that men could have performed better.
While that may be the case, they’re still in an overall good position.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Halloween costuming: a college guide
- A-State implements new laundry alert system for on campus residents
- Business students create program to help ready students for interviews
- Governor candidates debate at A-State
- SGA: A-State declared bike-friendly university
- Faculty, admins continue budget discussions
- Our View:
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!