Womens basketball falls to Middle Tennessee
The Arkansas State womens basketball team suffered a 93-49 loss against Middle Tennessee in a Sun Belt Conference matchup at the Murphy Center last night.
ASU fell to 12-11 overall on the year and 9-5 in the Sun Belt Conference, while Middle Tennessee improved to 18-5 on the year and 13-1 in the SBC.
Middle Tennessee scored on seven straight possessions to start the game and we just couldnt stop them tonight, ASU head coach Brian Boyer said.
We got behind early and just could not find a way to get something going on offensively on a consistent basis.
Arkansas State trailed 41-19 at the half after shooting just 36.8 percent in the opening 20 minutes.
The Lady Red Wolves remained behind 14-8 with 15:10 left in the half, but the Jaguars closed out the half by outscoring ASU 32-13 over the final 15 minutes to build a 22-point cushion into the locker room at the break.
A-State committed 24 turnovers on the night and the Blue Raiders made ASU pay by converting the turnovers into 31 points.
Middle Tennessee also held an edge in points in the paint but outscoring the Red Wolves 42-24.
The Blue Raiders built their lead to 33 with less than 12 minutes to go in the second half and the Red Wolves were unable to recover.
ASU will return to action Saturday for a conference road game against Western Kentucky.
Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. and the game will be shown on ESPN3.com
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ASU Herald News Articles
Recent ASU Herald News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR ASU HERALD
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST ASU HERALD NEWS
- Volleyball continues dominating the Sun Belt
- A-state women’s basketball dominates preseason competition
- A-State ROTC inducts three into Hall of Heroes
- A-State ranked in top 100 list of “Best for Vets”
- Awareness Project impacts A-State students and faculty
- Howl named one of the top 10 national mascots
- Deathtrap: the perfect play for murder
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists